This delicious dessert is dairy free and gluten free and low carb
- 1 ½ cups of pitted cherries – red or yellow about 250 grams
- 3 eggs
- 1 TB of sugar or 1 Tsp of Monkfruit
- 1/3 cup of sugar or 2 scoops of Pure Monkfruit
- 1 Cup of nondairy yoghurt such as Coconut– not Greek yoghurt – too thick
- 1/3 cup of Almond flour
- ½ cup of gluten free flour
- 2 TB of non diary butter melted or you can use Canola oil but use 1 ½ TB oil
- Spray oil for pan
- Powdered sugar for decoration optional
Make sure cherries are dry and toss with either 1 TB of sugar or 1 tsp of Arrowroot. Put into freezer in a medium sized bowl for about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400F
In a food processor, puree eggs, yoghurt, flour, melted nondairy butter, sugar or Monkfruit and mix until smooth. Scrape sides to make sure all is incorporated.
Set aside for about 30 minutes in the food processor.
Spray cast iron pan or pie pan with oil. Pour egg mixture into the prepared pan. Carefully place each cherry cut side up so that as much of the surface is covered evenly with cherries. Be careful not to press them down hard. You want them to be visible after baking.
Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and decorate with a few whole cherries.