Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins
Cook Time 17 minutes
Servings 1 muffin
- 2 cups organic white or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mashed organic avocado
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil softened for non-dairy
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt omit if using salted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon Ceylon Cinnamon preferably
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 1/2 cups organic blueberries fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add bananas. Using a fork mash up bananas until just very small lumps are left. Add honey, avocado, softened butter, vanilla extract and egg.
Using a fork mix until combined.
Next in a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt (if usinthoroughly. Using a spatula, mix until wet and dry ingredients are completely combined!
In a small bowl – combine 1-1/2 cups blueberries & 1 tablespoon of flour & toss to coat.
Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
Spoon the batter into muffin pan filling each cavity about 3/4 of the way full (spray with cooking spray if not using the cupcake liners)
Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg