- 5 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of brown sugar (or 2 TB of Yacon Root and 3 TB of Date Sugar)
- 1 cup of butter softened (substitute coconut oil if dairy free version is desired)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1-2 Tsp of ground Cardamom
- ½ cup + 1 TB of pecan pieces (optional)
- 2 Jars (2 cups) of Nanny Hayley’s Wild Blueberry Jam, stirred
- 2 Jars (2 cups) of Nanny Hayley’s Partridgeberry Jam, stirred
Mix together and spread 1 ¼ cups crumbs on bottom of a greased square pan. Spread a stirred jar of partridgeberry jam over the first layer of crumbs. Spread 1 cup of crumbs over the layer of partridgeberry jam being careful keep the layer intact. Spread a stirred jar of Wild blueberry jam over the layer of crumbs spreading carefully with a spoon to cover all the crumbs. Top with remaining crumbs. Spread 1 TB of pecans on top. Smooth top with hands or spoon. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool for about an hour before cutting into squares.